- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz. each
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasonings
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices high quality mozzarella cheese (substitute with egg whites cooked in the form of cheese slices)
- 4 large slices ripe avocado
- 4 large slices fresh tomato
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsps high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- In a large glass bowl add chicken, oil, garlic, Italian seasonings, sea salt, and pepper. Toss well to get chicken coated.
- Heat a grill pan or an outside grill to medium-high.
- Grill chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side (about 10 minutes total), or until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Top chicken with mozzarella or (sibsitute with egg whites), avocado, and tomato slices, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
- In a small glass bowl whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle this balsamic mixture over the chicken and garnish with your fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!