This low-fat chicken cordon bleu recipe is made with low-sodium ham to help to follow the SP Dietary Plan. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe would go great with a side salad.
- 2 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large spinach leaves, washed stems removed
- 2 wedges Light cheese
- 1 oz reduced-sodium nitrate-free ham
- Paprika, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 DIJON YOGURT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1% buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pound chicken with a mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to tear apart the breast. Lay 1 spinach leaf on top of each breast. Then spread cheese wedge to cover spinach. Top with 1/2 slice ham, folding ham over as needed to fit breast. Gently roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle outer side of breast with paprika. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, sauté garlic in oil in a nonstick skillet for 1 minute on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- To prepare sauce, whisk together yogurt, mustard and buttermilk. Mix in chives.
- Divide mushrooms equally between 2 plates, about 1/4 cup each. Then place chicken on bed of mushrooms and drizzle 1/4 cup yogurt sauce over top.
Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu, ¼ cup mushrooms, ¼ cup yogurt sauce
- Calories: 281
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 80 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 38 g
- Sodium Content: 587 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g